What to expect from your visit
Map showing our new one way sytem: Please note to maintain our one-way system and prevent queues there is no free entry during this time unless you have a Café Card.
- 90 acres of picturesque woodlands, lakes, and waterfalls to enjoy
- Strict social distance signage throughout the Falls.
- A one-way system is in place with a new separate entrance and exit point - please refer to our one-way map for new entrance (see map above).
- Canonteign Cafe, open 11 am – 4 pm, has a limited takeaway menu of local pre-packed food available to supplement your picnic. Outdoor seating has been arranged at a social distance. Please adhere to 1 household group per table and only 1 member of the household group at the till point.
- Snack Bar is open for takeaway food, filter coffee, hot chocolate, ice cream, and refreshments.
- Public Toilets are open but please adhere to the one-way system and face coverings will be required.
- Plenty of outdoor seating available at a social distance on the sun terrace. We encourage you all to bring rugs and picnics to enjoy the many stunning picnic spots the estate has to offer.
- Antibacterial hand gel and wipes will be available in high footfall areas for customer use.
- Sneeze Guards will be in use at reception and in the shop
- We will operate on a card only service - no cash
- The staff will adhere to strict hygiene rules
- Canonteign Shop is open and accessed only on your exit from the estate.
- To maintain our one-way system there is no free entry during this time. Ticket prices can be viewed here
- Track and Trace system will be in operation and from Thursday 24th September you can scan or QR code for use with the NHS Track and Trace App.
- Facemask must be worn in the shop, cafe and toilets, we encourage you to bring your own but they will also be sold at the Snack Bar. Under 11s will be exempt from wearing a facemask.
- In line with mandatory Government guidlines we will be enforcing the rule of 6, any parties visiting with more than 6 people will not be permitted on site unless you meet the exemption criteria detailed by the government.
What we ask of you
The health and safety of our visitors and staff remain our top priority. We ask that everyone visiting Canonteign Falls to please read the latest Government advice and follow these measures:
- Please take note of the signage and messaging displayed around Canonteign Falls.
- Wash hands more frequently for at least 20 seconds.
- Stay within your household group - no more than 6 people unless your household bubble exceeds this number.
- Maintain social distancing from people outside of your family.
- Fill in the track and trace form on arrival
- Stay at home if you feel at all unwell.
- Please click here to view our Covid-19 Risk Assessment, Hygiene Rules, One Way Systems, One Way System Map, Social Distancing Guidelines, Cleaning Guidelines, Hygiene Product Locations.
Do we pre-book our tickets?
There is no need to pre-book tickets
Do you accept cash?
We are now operating on a card only basis
Is there a time limit on my time at the falls?
No, you are welcome to stay all day.
How much is it to enter?
All prices can be found on our website www.canonteignfalls.co.uk
At what age do you charge for a child entry?
We charge from 5-16. Children under five are subject to free entry.
Can I bring my pram?
In dry weather, it is possible to walk around the lily lake and up to the playgrounds with an all-terrain pram or pushchair but it is not possible to take a pram on the waterfall walk. For hygiene reasons we no longer have baby carriers available to hire.
Is the shop open?
Yes, but only as you exit. Face masks must be worn in the shop from teh 24th July.
(Please be advised there is no free entry to the shop at this time.)
Is the café still open?
Yes, the café is open severing a limited menu, which you can find on our website.
(However, please be advised there is no free entry to the café at this time.)
What is a Café Card?
Can I still get coeliac/gluten-free food?
Yes, Gluten-Free and Vegan options are available.
Do I get an extension to my annual pass for the time you have been closed?
Yes, memberships bought before we closed on the 20th March will be extended; for further information on Membership extensions please visit our website.
Are your toilets open?
Yes, our toilets are open and part of our one - way system.
Can I bring a picnic?
You are very welcome to bring a picnic and are café and snack bar is always open for any additional food or drink you may need during your visit.
Do you have picnic tables?
Yes, there are plenty of outdoor seating options available all arranged at a social distance.
Is there any indoor seating if it is raining?
No, currently there are no indoor seating options open in line with government guidelines.
Are the Children’s play areas open?
Yes, both with hygiene stations’
Are the trampolines open?
Yes, but please adhere to the social distance guidelines.
How will you manage the social distancing measures?
We have implemented a one-way system with plenty of signage and floor markings in high footfall areas.
Will staff be wearing masks?
As an outside attraction staff will remain socially distanced and follow strict hygiene policy so will not be wearing a mask, but we have added sneeze screens in all indoor staff areas for everyone’s protection. All visitors will be required to wear a mask in the shop and indoor cafe.
Will you keep the 2 metre rule or reduce to 1 metre?
We will maintain 2m wherever we can.
Are you wheelchair friendly?
Unfortunately, due to the nature of the terrain, we are not wheelchair friendly but please do contact reception for details on wheelchair accessibility.
Is car parking free?
Will there be hand sanitiser on-site?
Yes, we have hand sanitiser at various stations.
Is there a limit to capacity?
We currently have no limit on entry but this will be continually reviewed (Canonteign Falls is a 90acre estate with plenty of room for people to social distance in.)
What footwear should I wear?
Please wear sturdy shoes suitable for walking.
Are dogs still allowed?
Yes, dogs are welcome free of charge but must remain on the lead for the safety of our wildlife.