Canonteign Falls joins national legal test case giving clarity to firms seeking Business Interruption Insurance Claims for Covid- 19 closure.
Full article in Business Live can be read here
We are delighted to announce we are now open with full compliance to Covid-19 Government guidelines.
Our 90 acres of estate land, woodland, lakes and waterfalls offer considerable space for exercise, fresh air, and picnics.
We are open every day from 10 am - 5 pm (weather permitting) with the last entry into the Estate at 4 pm. Things will look and feel different.
What to expect from your visit
- 90 acres of picturesque woodlands, lakes, and waterfalls to enjoy
- Strict social distance signage throughout the Falls.
- A one-way system is in place with a new separate entrance and exit point - please refer to our one-way map for new entrance.
- Canonteign Kitchen, open 11 am – 4 pm, has a limited takeaway menu of local pre-packed food available to supplement your picnic. Outdoor seating has been arranged at a social distance. Please adhere to 1 household group per table and only 1 member of the household group at the till point.
- Snack Bar is open (10 am - 5 pm) for takeaway food, filter coffee, hot chocolate, ice cream, and refreshments.
- Public Toilets are open but please adhere to the one-way system
- Plenty of outdoor seating available at a social distance on the sun terrace. We encourage you all to bring rugs and picnics to enjoy the many stunning picnic spots the estate has to offer.
- Antibacterial hand gel and wipes will be available in high footfall areas for customer use.
- Sneeze Guards will be in use at reception and in the shop
- We will operate on a card only service - no cash
- The staff will adhere to strict hygiene rules
- Canonteign Shop is open (11 am - 5 pm) and accessed only on your exit from the estate.
- To maintain our one-way system there is no free entry during this time. Ticket prices can be viewed here
What we ask of you
The health and safety of our visitors and staff remain our top priority. We ask that everyone visiting Canonteign Falls to please read the latest Government advice and follow these measures:
- Please take note of the signage and messaging displayed around Canonteign Falls.
- Wash hands more frequently for at least 20 seconds.
- Stay within your household group.
- Maintain social distancing from people outside of your family.
- Stay at home if you feel at all unwell.
Canonteign Falls and Swanaford Vineyard will joined forces for a superb pop-up dining experience celebrating great local food and wine.
The collaboration is the first in a calendar of pop-up foodie feasts taking place in the vineyard throughout 2020 and marks the reopening of Canonteign Falls for the 2020 season when new head chef Matt Marshall is relaunching Canonteign kitchen with a fresh new menu.
Canonteign Kitchen showcased their passion for creating great dishes from the larder of fantastic produce found locally at this special pop-up feast over fire. The menu celebrates local ingredients, cooked simply and superbly on a wood-fired oven and includes River Teign mussels, local charcuterie, and Black Tor Brewery IPA roast chicken.
Swanaford’s award-winning wines Accompanied the kitchen’s gorgeous plates of food.
Swanaford has 10 acres under vine in the Teign Valley where owners Ben and Caroline Goulden do almost everything by hand to create high-quality English sparkling and still wines.
Canonteign Falls is a magical natural paradise set in the heart of the Teign Valley, where 70m of cascading waterfall, lakes, adventure playgrounds, and the Canonteign Kitchen make this a perfect day out for the whole family.
Canonteign Falls stunning Victorian fern garden is featured on BBC Two’s Monkman and Seagull’s Great Adventures on Monday 1st June at 9pm. Where Eric Monkman and Bobby Seagull travel around Britain, exploring scientific breakthroughs from the Industrial Revolution and the Victorian era. The beautiful Victorian fern garden at Canonteign Falls, which was established in the 1800s as the backdrop for Bobby Seagull and Eric Monkman’s fern hunt, fern hunting became a fashionable leisure pursuit in the Victorian era.
Head chef Matt Marshall shares Canonteign Kitchen's signature Mussel recipe with Exeter Living. Join us for a Valentine supper on Feb 14th as Canonteign Kitchen opens for one night of fireside feasting. Check out the menu under up and coming events. We re-open for the season on Wednesday 11th March.